Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Whenever I look at Bear, I don't just see the dog, I see the events that mark his life and mine. From companion to my Novice A dog- we have climbed the learning curve together. The greatest compliment I ever got was when a fellow exhibitor told me, "you make it look so easy."  Of course, we had our failures--the times I thought I wasn't cut out for this--but we persevered.
So, I wish for my boy, many more happy dog years enjoying simple pleasures; a slice of watermelon, a piece of Cabot cheese, a leisure walk. Though retirement calls and we may never step in the competition ring together again, I will keep those memories close to my heart.
Happy 10th Birthday to my special boy! What an amazing journey it has been, my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment